Enjoy the perfect mix of spice and flavour with our Blackened Beef! Made with locally-sourced, aged beef, rolled in a zesty glaze of mustard herbs & spices. A mouth-watering culinary adventure, all in one bite!
- Preheat oven to 220°c/Gas 7
- Heat a large heavy based frying pan until almost smoking hot
- Add a little olive oil & sear the beef on all sides until the spices have almost turned black but not burnt
- Transfer the beef to a rack set over a roasting tin, and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 190°c/Gas 5 and continue to roast for 12 minutes per 450g/1lb for rare to medium, or 20 minutes per 450g/1lb for well done, basting regularly
- Remove from the oven and keep warm, add wine & stock to the roasting tin
- Put the roasting tin on the hob and bring to the boil, scraping the sediment from the bottom of the tin
- Reduce by about a third
- Season and strain through a sieve
- 150ml Red wine
- 150ml Fresh beef stock