Serve up the perfect Christmas feast with this delicious, traditional English turkey! Perfectly roasted to a golden brown, this tasty bird is sure to bring joy to the table. Now that's something to be gobbled up!
(Serving suggestions are an estimate and vary dependant on how many sandwiches you want for boxing day!)
*Prices are based on the average weight stated, this may vary due to natural form*
- Remove the turkey from the fridge 2 hours before cooking to allow to reach room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 180°c/Gas 5
- Season the turkey and place breast side down in your roasting tin.
- After an hour of cooking turn the turkey carefully onto its back to further cook and brown the breast
- To avoid disappointment do not overcook the turkey. This can be avoided by using a 'pop up' timer or meat thermometer (you are looking to achieve a temperature of around 72 degrees). Failing that, test with a fork on the inside of the thigh. When the juices run clear, the turkey is ready.
- After removing the turkey from the oven, allow it to rest for 30-60 mins before carving (DO NOT COVER)